Go First on Wednesday said that it has cancelled its flights until August 18, citing operational reasons. In a tweet, the airline said, “Due to operational reasons, Go First flights until 18th August 2023 are cancelled.”
Crisis-hit Go First has not flown since May 3, as the Wadia group airline filed for voluntary insolvency with the NCLT on May 2, blaming US-based engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney (P&W) for its financial situation.
In the latest development for Go First’s revival plan, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) last month accepted the airline’s resumption plan. The aviation regulator has reportedly approved Go First to operate 114 daily flights with 15 aircraft.
The DGCA conducted a special audit of Go First facilities in Delhi and Mumbai from July 4 to 6.
The airline in a filing with the NCLT said it owed its financial creditors a little over Rs 6,500 crore to financial creditors. Go First’s total liabilities to all creditors stood at Rs 11,463 crore, including dues to banks, financial institutions, vendors, and aircraft lessors, it said.