An Amdavad Municipal Transport Service (AMTS) bus caught fire in the Jamalpur area of Ahmedabad on Tuesday. The blaze was suspected to have been triggered due to a spark in the engine, as per officials.
Om Jadeja, a divisional officer of Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES), told The Indian Express, “The incident took place around 6:30 pm on Jamalpur Bridge. After getting the call, the response was a bit delayed due to traffic. However, fortunately, no casualties have been reported.”
“The bus had some passengers aboard when the driver noticed the flames and as a precautionary measure, he evacuated the passengers till we arrived on the spot and extinguished the fire,” he added.